Saturday, July 19, 2008

Currant Jelly

It's currant jelly time again! So far I've made 19 pints of jelly, and still have about that much to go. This is the biggest crop we've had ever. That cool spell in May really made a difference. This is the best tasting jelly, and it's just gorgeous when you hold a jar of it up to the light. It just glows this beautiful red.

I also went to the Orem Library and checked out about 20 80s anthology CDs. I know that sounds excessive, but I got a few songs off of each to add to my "collection." I'm listening to the B-52s even as we speak. I figured out that I really don't like ska, but like Depeche Mode and The Smiths a lot. My sister Caro loves to tell people that Tinkerbell's favorite song is "Girlfriend in a Coma." It makes me so proud (sniff sniff).

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yum, I love currant jelly. Seriously, that stuff is delicious. (And Tink does have great taste in music. That's my girl!)

annette said...

Yum! Sounds great! So, when are we going to do lunch? Maybe I could talk you into breaking out one of those jars and we could have some toast and jam! (I'll bring the bread.) Call me!

The reviewers said...

Yay congrats! Just FYI, So Gatsby totally thought this blog was mine also... you'll need to go read the blogger help baord. He says "Raynie H...." but it is really for you :) He just basically gives instructions on getting your current blog posts back. He put them in a temporary place for you! I am glad you got them back though it's a releif huh?!