Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Latest Playlist

I love music. Sometimes it's stuff I listened to in college, but more recently it's stuff that E has turned me onto. But it's a two-way street, since I've been around a lot longer than her and have a few cool favs up my sleeve.

I have a love-hate relationship with iTunes. I'm not crazy about song-fade, I wish I had more options about how to arrange my playlist, and I wish everything were in mp3 format instead of iTunes so my husband could listen to them on his Palm. Other than that, I'm a big fan. When E showed me how to burn CDs, it opened up a whole new world. I used to think I was technologically savvy, but that was back when I got an electric typewriter for graduation instead of the manual versions my brother and sister got. So burning CDs was a big step for me.

I don't speak French, although I wish I did, and when I try to my accent is really frightening. But I do love little cafe songs. The trick is to find songs that aren't whiny. If you've ever listened to Edith Piaf, you know how hard it is to find them. But I have a few on here that are pretty catchy and Tinkerbell loves to dance all over the house to them.

I'm also not a big original Rat Pack girl. Frank Sinatra gives me the creeps, quite frankly. But I do love covers of the old songs, and some Bobby Darin.

Enjoy!

1. Amber--311
2. Beyond the Sea--Bobby Darin
3. Boum--Charles Trenet
4. Come Fly With Me--Michael Buble
5. Dance Away--Roxy Music
6. Don't Stop the Dance--Bryan Ferry
7. Fever--Peggy Lee
8. Girlfriend In A Coma--The Smiths
9. The Lovecats--The Cure
10. Mack the Knife--Bobby Darin
11. More Than This--Roxy Music
12. My Baby Just Cares for Me--Nina Simone
13. Save the Last Dance for Me--Michael Buble
14. Slave to Love--Bryan Ferry
15. So Long, You Fool--Sophie Milman
16. Sway--Michael Buble
17. This Must Be the Place (Naive Melody)--Talking Heads
18. Verlaine--Charles Trenet
19. Via Con Me--Paolo Conte
20. The Way I Am--Ingrid Michaelson
21. When Did Your Heart Go Missing?--Rooney
22. 100 Days, 100 Nights--Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
23. 1234--Feist

No comments: