Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Sarah Palin Moment

Let me preface this by saying that I am no fan of Governor Palin. I could go on and on about that, but it would upset my mother, who is a big fan.

Today we found out that someone in Georgia has been using our VISA number and wiped out our bank account. They made about eight transactions on Saturday before the Risk Management angels noticed something was up and froze the number (thanks, guys!). But the damage had been done. Tomorrow morning we go to the bank to file all the paperwork to see if we can get anything back. Fortunately we still had some money in our savings account, and all the bills had been paid this month. Could have been way worse.

Sweetie thinks it was used by people evacuating from Hurricane Ike. He always likes to ascribe noble motives to gypsies, tramps, and thieves. Not me. I just wanted to shoot them. I'm not even a good shot, but I still wanted to pull out my Sarah Special and blow them away. There had better be starving children involved to even partially justify this. Otherwise, I might start channel-surfing FOX news when I think no one is looking.

No comments: