Sunday, January 13, 2019

So Much to Think About



I know that I tend to overthink things.  I remember taking a Statistics class in college. I actually liked the class a lot, and thought the homework problems were pretty interesting.  But I did terribly on the tests because I would read way too much into the questions. I just wouldn't answer them with a straightforward answer because I was sure the professor was trying to be really tricky and what he REALLY meant was xyz instead of abc. 

That's kind of how I live my life on a daily basis, and it's honestly pretty exhausting.  I was working on a spreadsheet yesterday (as one does on a Saturday morning) of all our energy costs.  Then I started researching thermostats, which naturally progressed to doorbells. Before I knew it, I had about 30 tabs open on my laptop and half my Saturday was gone. Were there dishes in the sink? Yes. Was I still in my pajamas? Yes. Do I still have stacks of Christmas things lying around waiting to be packed away? Yes, I do. 

I've been trying to listen to audiobooks more, but my brain won't shut up long enough to absorb anything.  I have to keep restarting them because my stupid brain was chasing some stupid rabbit down a stupid hole.  Even when I play a video game, I do it with the sound completely off.  Between the noises of the game and my brain going 100 miles a minute, it's just too overwhelming.  Maybe I have ADD.  Maybe that's 100% obvious to everyone but me.

I bet I drove my poor mom nuts.


No comments: