Thursday, January 3, 2019

Twice in One Year!

Wow, only January 3 and I've written two posts!!

Yesterday morning I read about Mediterranean cooking and how it's a healthy way to eat.  I've gotten way too picky over the years and I looked at the food list and said, "Gross, ew, nope," to way too many things.  I'm not a lover of avocado and olives, but maybe I can become one with practice. 



As luck would have it, I had just saved a Mediterranean-esque recipe that looked really good and thought I'd give it a try.  I used basil from my own plant, and other than deciding to cut the lemon juice/zest in half next time, I loved it.  It's called Lemon Basil Shrimp Risotto, which is a remarkably descriptive title, and you can find it here. Travis and the kids really liked it, so I'll move it into my menu rotation.

I also started listening to "Becoming" by Michelle Obama, but fell asleep a few minutes into it.  This is why reading to your children is so effective--it really does induce sleep. It's not boring at all, her voice is just very soothing.


I only managed to get a couple more rows done on Adelaide's sweater, but it was a little bit anyway.  I'm making "Gidday" by Georgie Nicolson. I'm using a purple/green heather cotton yarn I've had forever, but I really like it.  I think it will be too big for her until the fall, but then she'll get some use out of it.  She's such a cute little bug (that's not her in the picture, though she's really cute, too).


Today I'll start taking down the Christmas tree.  So sad, but I have to go back to work on Monday so it needs to happen.

No comments: