Saturday, November 22, 2008

Oh, Edward!

I had a great day today. Elvira and I went to see "Twilight" at the mall. I LOVED that book, really liked "New Moon" a lot, enjoyed "Eclipse" the second time around, and struggled with "Breaking Dawn." I decided I was really more of a wolf girl and admitted I had a thing for Jacob. Edward was just too whiny, after all.

Oh, Edward! Robert Pattinson was perfect as Edward. I'm such a vampire girl now. The movie was great. It was perfectly cast, and the screenplay was really great. There were some little things added that fit right in. Things like dialogue between the high school kids, and Charlie and his gun. Really funny. The audience was completely packed with people seeing it for the very first time. There were probably four men in the whole audience. I bet 99.9% of the people had read the book, and everyone got excited at the same parts. Elvira just had the biggest grin on her face the whole time, and I'm sure I did, too.

Then tonight I took Things 1, 2, and 4 to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at PHS. It was so good! It was staged very much like the movie, but was still good. The kids had such great voices, and had no inhibitions at all about really embracing their goofy selves. I've been singing the songs since I got home. PHS puts on a good play, that's for sure!

I really needed this weekend!

No comments: