Monday, December 1, 2008

Don't Mess With Me--I'll Take You All On

I feel incredibly feisty today, and not in a good way. I'm not a big holiday lover. It throws me off. Too much time for things to go horribly wrong. Not that anything went horribly wrong, but every day brought it's own special surprise, if you know what I mean. From home foreclosures (not ours) to flaky sisters (mine) to broken dates (ours) to daughters who need to be beaten (not the little one), it was quite a week. I was furious about Black Friday fatalities, shocked at Mumbai violence, and generally ticked off at everyone and everything that crossed my path. Even my cats were annoying.

I downloaded the soundtrack and score to Twilight, and that hasn't been helping me one little bit. Try listening to the same music that vampires were ripped apart to and it doesn't do much to put you in a Zen state. Sort of just adds fuel to the fire. Now I'm listening to Jack Johnson, which is helping a little bit.

I'm going to go put the Christmas wreath up. I need a little attitude adjustment.

2 comments:

sue-donym said...

Maybe you could use the trebuchet to shoot something. It always helps me.

Sorry you're having a bad time. Hugs from the backyard.

Emily said...

I agree with Sue - the trebuchet is surely the answer! Wish I were there. I think. Maybe it's good that I wasn't underfoot. xoxo