Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aebelskivers



Okay, I need help. I had never heard of these things until Angie, Sally, and I went to the Provo School District Pan Sale yesterday. There was a fetching little cast iron pan that I had no idea what it's use was for (how's that for bizarre sentence structure?). "What the heck are aebelskivers?" I asked, with nary a trace of irony in my Utah twang. Angie makes them all the time for her girls, she said. Easy peasy, yummy, can't go wrong.

So I bought a pan. Seasoned it in the oven just like the directions said, made the batter just like the recipe said. They were disgusting, and they stuck to the stupid pan.

But I am intrigued, nonetheless! Since I already make Yorkshire Pudding to honor Travis' English mom, I might as well learn something Danish for his dad, right? Google "aebelskiver" and people are absolutely poetic in their love of these little things. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

So send me your recipes and your cooking tips. Or maybe I'll just pop over to Angie's some Saturday morning and have breakfast with the girls!

No comments: