Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saboteur

Who needs a gremlin? I'm the world's best saboteur.

Why is it that when something is going well, I feel this compulsion to watch it self-destruct? I've been "working" on something for about three months now, and in the past the longest this "something" ever lasted was exactly two months and three weeks. Then it got hard, I doubted if it would last, and I just quit. So this time around, at precisely two months and three weeks, I just knew it was destined to collapse. I put my head under the proverbial pillow, fell off the radar, and waited to be proven right.

But at the last minute, I couldn't do it. I decided I wasn't going to give up without a fight, and if it didn't work it wasn't going to be because I didn't give it my all. So this weekend I got back on track. And you know what? It felt good. It felt great, in fact! And now that I'm over the "expiration date" I can keep going.

The curse is broken!!

2 comments: