Saturday, March 21, 2009

La Sonnambula

Natalie Dessay, La Sonnambula

My friend Holly invited me to the Metropolitan Opera HD broadcast of Bellini's "La Sonnambula" today. As you know, I love opera, and I knew nothing of this one at all. Natalie Dessay and Juan Diego Florez sang the leads, and they were fabulous. It was a great story about a virtuous young girl, newly engaged, who mysteriously ends up in another man's room one night. Her fiance is enraged and breaks off the engagement, only to discover that his beloved was sleepwalking and still loves only him. Very cleverly staged, beautifully sung, and so fun to watch. And the company couldn't have been better. Holly I knew, of course, Tim I slightly knew, and Wally, Kathy, and Ron are new friends. They announced next year's season, and I'm so excited to attend them all.

Check out Natalie Dessay's shoes in that photo. Aren't they GORGEOUS??? I'm not a shoe girl by any means, but I am seriously coveting those shoes. Any idea where I could find such lovelies?

1 comment:

Emily said...

You should really check out the shoes at Fluevog...

http://www.fluevog.com/code/?w[0]=search%3Afiorenza&p=1&pp=1&view=detail&colourID=2488