Thursday, March 26, 2009

Warning: Construction Zone

Holy Smoke! We're doing it at last!

The laundry room is gutted and Sweetie has been knocking himself out sheetrocking the whole room (that's "drywalling" for my midwestern readers). Cabinets are down, electrical run, tile picked out, paint (Tiffany blue, of course) chosen--the whole thing! He's doing a bang-up job on everything, as is his way. Even though it's just a laundry room and few people will ever see it, he makes it all perfect. I love that man.

And my contribution to the project is my killer idea for a sewing table. We can't put a fixed table in there because that won't allow room to move the washer/dryer in and out if necessary (after three dryer fires, believe me, it's necessary), so we're going to attach it to the wall with a piano hinge so it can swing down. Aren't I just so tricky? And I'm just warming up!

I am also going to purge my life of about 90% of my sewing/craft inventory. I have so little time to work on projects anymore, and don't anticipate that changing in the near future since I'm headed back to school again next month. If you know any smockers/cross-stitchers/needlepointers/needle tatters/knitters/scrapbookers/sewers/and who knows what else is in those boxes who want to score on great things, leave a comment!

1 comment:

Cari said...

I bet your Tiffany blue tiles are gorgeous! How much are you asking for your crafting stuff? I'm getting back to my creative roots.