Thursday, March 5, 2009

Script Frenzy



So Elvira wants me to write a 100 page script for NaNoWriMo Script Frenzy in April. Except for little skits here and there over the years, I don't think I've spent much time in the drama realm. Other than having the lead in my senior play in high school. Oh, did I just say that? So immodest of me. And a couple of plays in college. She already has one script halfway done and is plotting out her second one. The kid is putting me to shame.

I'm not one to shy away from a challenge normally, especially a creative one. In the old days, I used to throw some jazz on the turntable, light some incense, and wax poetic with the best of them. No other chemicals needed, though in retrospect that might have produced better work. I was mediocre at best, though a few things turned out well. I still have the jazz albums, but these days I would be more likely to listen to them on an iPod. As far as the incense goes, it's leftover dinner I'm smelling. Which makes me think of the dishes I haven't done, the laundry that needs to be folded, and then there goes the script. Maybe I'll find a Starbucks and write there. Anyone know where I could find such a place in Utah County? I do love the smell of coffee.

Plots. Out, damn plot (has a nice ring to it). Brainstorming. Barnstorming. Write what you know. Write what I wish I knew. My life now (predictable). My life then (anything but). Bright and sunny. Dark and edgy. Light. Dark. Weather. Moods. Hell. Heaven. Purgatory. Fallen angels. Rising demons. Rock stars. Desperate Housewives (catchy, but its been done).

Elvira enjoys writing fanfics. Known characters in original settings and plotlines. A bit confining as far as character development goes. An easier place to start, though. Only 26 more days to figure this out.

My head might just explode.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I just found something under the couch cushions. Yours?

Diane said...

More than likely ...